Application Deadline is February 1.
The following are required for admission:
- Application form.
- Payment of the $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Written profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Two reference forms from educators.
- Passing scores on GACE Program Admission Assessment or exemption through SAT, ACT or GRE. Applicants must request their scores be sent to Covenant College. Directions for registering for the Program Admission Assessment are located here: GACE Program Admission Tests. See the following website for additional information: Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) www.gace.ets.org.
- Passing scores on GACE Content Assessments in the content field for which you were accepted into the MAT: art, biology, chemistry, economics, English, French, German, history, mathematics, middle grades–language arts, mathematics, social studies, science; music, physics, political science, and Spanish. Applicants must request that their scores be sent to Covenant College.
- Note: GACE content assessment is not required for Biblical Studies or Drama.
- To register for the GACE content assessment, all examinees must have a MyPSC Account, available at http://mypsc.gapsc.org. Once the MyPSC account has been established and the appropriate “Reason for Testing” selected, then the examinee can register at the GACE website: www.gace.ets.org. Please follow the instructions for registering for the GACE Content Assessment: GACE Content Assessments. For additional information on registering to test at ETS, please view the GACE quick reference guide: http://gace.ets.org/s/pdf/registration_quick_ref_guide.pdf
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0. Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 may receive provisional admission.
- Completion of a course in introduction to teaching from a regionally accredited college or university. The course must include a minimum of 30 hours of fieldwork/observation in K-12 classrooms.
- Completion of a course in educational psychology from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of a course in special education from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Letter of cooperation from school if applicant is employed as a teacher and wishes to use employment towards clinical practice requirements.
- Completed release of consumer reports form.
- Covenant defines international students as anyone who is not a citizen of the United States of America. International applicants must submit the following in addition to the above: International Certification of Finances form, authenticated and evaluated transcripts, scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language for applicants whose native language is not English. For detailed information, please go to the following page: International Applicants
Application and supporting materials are accepted December through February 1 by the Master of Arts in Teaching office.
Note the following dates for submission of application materials and financial aid application and awards, and fee assessment.
- December – February 1: Applications received and accepted
- February 1-March 1: Applicants notified of admissions decisions; Application for financial aid
- March 1: Priority deadline for application for financial aid
- April 1-May 1: Registration
- May 2-16: Late registration, $100 fee applies; Drop/add period
- May 26: Official start date of pre-campus session; term start date
- May 27: Tuition and fees assessed
How to Apply
The application for 2019 admission is now on-line. Please contact the graduate office if you have questions: 800.677.3626 or email@example.com.
Current Year CatalogDownload Catalog
Remember to choose graduate catalog from the dropdown box
To access the Graduate School of Education catalog click Download Catalog, and when the page appears, choose the Graduate catalog from the drop down box in the right corner of the page.
To view a PDF version of the catalog, please click here.