The following are required for admission:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- $50 non-refundable application fee. Early Application Bonus – the application fee is waived for applications submitted by February 1. Must include the application, references, academic paper, statement of faith. Application may be submitted on-line.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- 15 semester hours of undergraduate coursework in education or evidence of five years of verified experience in professional education.
- Experience as teacher or administrator in a P-12 setting for one or more years. (Application may be submitted during the first year of teaching.) If the experience was in a home rather than school setting, the applicant will be considered for provisional admission.
- Credible written profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Two completed reference forms from educators.
- Academic paper by the applicant which demonstrates academic capability. The paper may be previously written, must be a minimum of five pages, in academic form. and include appropriate citations. The paper will be examined for coherence of thought, organization, spelling and punctuation. Applicants who have already completed a master’s degree are exempt from this requirement.
- Letter of Cooperation from a school administrator if applicant is not currently employed as a teacher or administrator in a K-12 setting, stating the applicant will have access to classroom or school situations where graduate coursework can be applied.
- Covenant defines international students as anyone who is not a citizen of the United States of America. International candidates must submit the following: the International Student Certification of Finances form, evaluated and authenticated transcripts, scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language or IELTS for international applicants whose native language is not English, and a copy of the biographical page of applicant’s passport. For detailed information, please go to the following page: International Applicants
Application and supporting materials are accepted after September 30. Application may be submitted on-line, or request an application packet by phone, 800.677.3626, or email request, email@example.com.
Early Application Bonus – the application fee is waived for all application packets submitted by February 1. To qualify, application, references, writing sample, and statement of faith must be submitted.
Note the following dates for submission of application materials and financial aid application and awards, and fee assessment.
- Beginning September 30 – Applications submitted and received
- Feb 15 – April 15 – Registration period
- March 1 – Priority deadline for submission of financial aid application for returning students
- April 1 – Priority financial aid awards for new students
- April 15 – Registration deadline
- May 1 – Official start date of pre-campus session/Term start date; fees assessed
- April 16 – May 1 – Late registration, $100 fee /Course drop/add period