Application Deadline is April 1.
The following are required for admission:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- $50 non-refundable application fee. Early Application Bonus – the application fee is waived for applications postmarked by February 1. Must include the application, references, academic paper, statement of faith.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- 15 semester hours of undergraduate coursework in education or evidence of five years of verified experience in professional education.
- Experience as teacher or administrator in a P-12 setting for one or more years. (Application may be submitted during the first year of teaching.) If the experience was in a home rather than school setting, the applicant will be considered for provisional admission.
- Credible written profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Two completed reference forms from educators.
- Academic paper by the applicant which demonstrates academic capability. The paper may be previously written, must be a minimum of five pages, in academic form. and include appropriate citations. The paper will be examined for coherence of thought, organization, spelling and punctuation. Applicants who have already completed a master’s degree are exempt from this requirement.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores on the General Test obtained within the last five years and submit official scores to Covenant College (code 6124). http://www.ets.org/gre. Applicants who have already completed a master’s degree are exempt from this requirement.
- Letter of Cooperation from a school administrator if applicant is not currently employed as a teacher or administrator in a K-12 setting, stating the applicant will have access to classroom or school situations where graduate courseword can be applied.
- Covenant defines international students as anyone who is not a citizen of the United States of America. International candidates must submit the following: the International Student Certification of Finances form, evaluated and authenticated transcripts, scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language or IELTS for international applicants whose native language is not English, and a copy of the biographical page of applicant’s passport For detailed information, please go to the following page: International Applicants
Application and supporting materials are accepted October 15 through April 1. Application may be submitted on-line (available October 1), or request an application packet by phone, 800.677.3626, or email request, email@example.com.
Early Application Bonus – the application fee is waived for all application packets submitted by February 1. To qualify, application, references, writing sample, and statement of faith must be submitted.
Note the following dates for submission of application materials and financial aid application and awards, and fee assessment.
- September 30 – April 1 – Applications submitted and received
- Feb 15 – April 15 – Registration period
- March 1 – Priority deadline for submission of financial aid application for returning students
- April 1 – Final application deadline/Priority financial aid awards for new students
- April 15 – Registration deadline
- May 1 – Official start date of pre-campus session/Term start date; fees assessed
- April 16 – May 1 – Late registration, $100 fee /Course drop/add period
Application PacketDownload Packet
The application for 2018 admission will be available September 20, 2017. Please contact the graduate office if you have questions. 800.677.3626; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Year CatalogDownload Catalog
Remember to choose graduate catalog from the dropdown box
To access the Graduate School of Education catalog, please click Download Catalog, and when the page appears, select the Graduate catalog from the drop-down box in the right corner of the page.
To view a PDF version of the catalog, please click here.